If you are a Senior Software Engineer with experience, please read on!
Located in Vernon Hills, IL, we are an innovative medical equipment manufacturing company that is taking medical imaging systems to the next level. As we grow our team, we are in need of a Senior Software Engineer that is wanting to build a long-term career with us.
What's In It for You
- Salary: $120,000 - $135,000
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance
- PTO: Vacation, Sick, Holiday
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Great Company Culture: Holiday Party, Ping-Pong Tournament, Yoga, Meditation, Bootcamp
- Casual Work Environment
- Hybrid remote based in the Vernon Hills/Chicagoland area.
What You Need for this Position
- B.S. or M.S. in the STEM field, such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, and/or Mathematics, and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in software design and development of mission-critical, real-time applications touching all aspects of the system development lifecycle.
- Proficient to expert with C/C++ development of real-time applications in both Linux and Windows environments. Experience with RUST is valued. Other toolchains will be considered provided: (1) projects interfaced with hardware and had soft/hard real-time performance requirements, and (2) proven ability to become expert in new tool chains quickly.
- Proficient to expert with supporting tools and processes as they relate to software engineering: version control, automated verification and validation and debugging.
- Medical develop development, especially in Ultrasound is preferred.
- Must be able to clearly and concisely communicate technical concepts, designs and issues to other engineers in the same or different disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize work; and estimate its effort.
- Demonstrated to be straightforward, approachable, and easy to work with.
- Demonstrated flexibility accepting some variation in role and assignments.
What You Will Be Doing
- Collaborate with project technical leads and other hardware engineering groups to develop Ultrasound software.
- Responsible for executing entire software development lifecycle for assigned software prototypes and components: definition of technical requirements critical to quality, software design, software construction, software verification and validation.
- Responsible for establishing and/or following existing software development processes. Work closely with DevOps to automate construction and verification of software artifacts.
- Ability to complete domestic and international travel (10% of time)
So, if you are a Senior Software Engineer with experience, please apply today or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Colorado employees will receive paid sick leave. For additional information about available benefits, please contact Meg OConnor
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.