Job Title: Industrial Engineer
Location: Butte, MT
Requirements: Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Management Control Systems
We are an innovative technology development and manufacturing organization based in beautiful Southwest Montana. Due to our recent growth, we are searching for an Industrial Engineer with experience in workflow improvement, manufacturing with efficiency and building prototypes.
If you're looking for an opportunity with state of the art facilities/equipment, emerging tech, and major growth/advancement potential, this could be an exciting, next career chapter for you!
What You Will Be Doing
- Analyze/evaluate existing systems and processes, identify value-added v. non-value-added activities
- Conceive, design, test, develop solutions based on analysis and organizational objectives
- Evaluate new and existing processes, equipment, materials as input to scheduling methods, performance metrics, financial standards
- Deliver innovative solutions while upholding company, federal, and state regulations
- Conduct employee training for productivity improvement projects, mentor fellow/junior engineers and technicians
- Review engineering specs, develop management controls systems, conduct and deliver manufacturing services with maximum efficiency
- Utilize principles of math, science, and engineering to streamline processes, identify opportunities for waste prevention and inefficiency in production
- Research and test design ideas for feasibility, utilizing Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Six Sigma, root cause analysis to support innovation, corrective actions, continuous improvement activities
- Design robust manufacturing concepts to improve processes, ensuring best practice, performing structural and thermal analyses of components and assemblies, build prototypes, evaluate performance, identify issues, and make improvements
- Institute quality control procedures, resolve quality control procedures
- Maintain required manufacturing process documentation (detailed work instructions, process flow charts, capacity/ utilization studies, time/motion studies, standard work, cycle time analysis and line balancing)
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gain insight and direction to successfully complete projects
What's In It for You
Bachelors degree in engineering (IE or ME), Masters degree preferred
5+ years related engineering/management experience
Strong understanding of lean manufacturing principles
Building prototypes, analytical tools, workflow time study, process balancing
Ability to interface with program management, manufacturing leads, customer, and functional leads
Provide daily direction and guidance to junior associates and management
MS suite(Access, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Implementation and use of ERP systems
Strong project and event scheduling skills
Experience working on multidisciplinary teams
So, if you are a Industrial Engineer with Lean Manufacturing experience, please apply today!
Colorado employees will receive paid sick leave. For additional information about available benefits, please contact Sedona Cox
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.