If you are a Industrial Construction Manager/Owner's Rep with experience, please read on!
What You Will Be Doing
The Construction Manager is responsible for overseeing the GMP contract with a 3rd party General Contractor that is building industrial projects for the company. The Construction Manager will act as a liaison between the company, the General Contractor, and the Owner/Funding sources for the project.
- Works with GC team to help them stay on schedule and budget. Ensure all federal, state, and local requirements are satisfied.
- Attend, or conduct, construction meetings with contractor, architect, and major subcontractors that are on site. Participates in the OAC meetings.
- Understand the billing cycle, review progress billings and when necessary negotiate revisions.
- Keeping the Project budget up to date for all project costs as detailed by the Development team.
- Review all test reports and ensure they are in compliance with specifications. (i.e. soils, compaction, concrete, welds and other required tests.)
- Submittal review; ensure that the contractor is submitting appropriate documentation and record-keeping. Review submittals for general conformance with construction documents on the Owner behalf, and ensure that Owner is kept apprised of items that they need to make decisions on; ensure that appropriate parties are reviewing and stamping submittals and determine if additional consultants need to review them; provide comment to the Owner on adequacy of materials specified.
- RFI review; review RFIs to ensure contractor and design/engineer/consultants are providing thorough and efficient responses, and that RFI responses are being forwarded to/from the appropriate parties; advise Owner of RFIs that may incur additional cost and/or scope change prior to implementing work.
- Review COR as submitted. Checking for validity of the COR against the GMP then accuracy it for pricing and understanding the root cause of the COR and confirming the final pricing is accurate and fair. Submittal final version of COR to manager for approval.
- Creates Construction Change Directives from ASIs and as needed by site conditions.
- Produces the monthly Job Cost report and works with the Development department to complete their monthly report as well.
- Perform on-site inspections for quality of workmanship, quality of materials, conformity with plans & specifications, code compliance, on-site safety, project schedule vs progress, and general progress of the construction project.
- Maintains the reports from the consultants that GS has hired for QA and or 3rd party review. Also works as a liaison between GS QA/QC dept and the GC.
What You Need for this Position
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Graduate from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in construction science, engineering, architecture, or other related field and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Industrial Construction, structural concrete, construction projects
SKILLS AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of structural concrete, type V and III wood framed buildings, & MEP building systems.
- Advance knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Good client management and goodwill building ability
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
- Ability to handle pressure
- Strong focus on quality
- Recent working knowledge and competence of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and MS Project
- Knowledge and experience in Prolog or similar Project Management Software is a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Maintain company confidentiality
What's In It for You
We are willing to offer excellent compensation projects including:
- Competitive base salary (DOE)
- Strong bonus structure
- Gas and Cell Allowance
- PTO & Sick Leave
- 401(k) retirement plan
- And more...
So, if you are a Industrial Construction Manager/Owner's Rep with experience, please apply today!
Colorado employees will receive paid sick leave. For additional information about available benefits, please contact Jon Quickel
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.